About The Leadership for Workplace Innovation Programme
The Leadership for
Workplace Innovation Programme
Leading to the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
Who is it for?
- This programme supports senior and emerging leaders involved in innovation and change, to create a culture where every employee, from the most junior to the most senior, feels supported and valued for what they bring to the organisation, and can see clearly how they are contributing to its continued success.
- You will meet with like-minded people and learn together, gaining knowledge and sharing experiences. In between sessions you will continue to interact with your learner colleagues and grow together, through our unique on line platform, with access to our extensive knowledge bank of evidence based tools and case studies.
- The programme’s practical approach will enable you to apply your learning, through a work based transformation project or improvement, achieving significant results for you and your organisation and will also lead to you achieving the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
What are we offering?
- An increased awareness and understanding of leadership and workplace innovation, and how to achieve a positive impact on organisational performance.
- A deep understanding and practical working knowledge of the key workplace practices and behaviours represented in The Essential Fifth Element Approach, and how they create a culture of innovation that leads to improved performance and enhanced engagement.
- Structured learning and practical guidance with online support and one to one coaching.
- Achievement of an accredited and internationally recognised qualification in leadership and management.
- Support for developing and implementing a work-based project designed to improve organisational performance.
- Six month free membership of “Fresh Thinking Labs” – our international platform that offers online and in person opportunities to share knowledge and experience with other companies across Europe.
- Twelve month free ILM membership.
During the programme, participants will develop the knowledge, behaviours and practical skills of leaders who stimulate fresh thinking, and coach and empower individuals and teams to achieve new levels of performance. They will feel more confident in their role, less stressed and better able to ensure that people are working together to achieve a common purpose.
For individuals, development of the knowledge, skills and behaviours, underpinned by practical guidance, support and coaching, that will help them to identify and implement the changes in their organisation needed to stimulate innovation, high performance and well-being.
For their employer, a shared understanding of how workplace innovation and progressive people practices lead to improvements in productivity, performance and skills utilisation. As part of the programme, participants will work with a cross-section of employees to create and implement an action plan designed to improve both performance and quality of working life in their organisations.
They will also:
- Assess their own leadership capability and performance and plan and monitor their own development.
- Understand how leadership and management skills improve engagement and performance.
- Improve the way they communicate and listen.
- Know how to motivate, coach and inspire individuals and teams.
- Learn how to create a culture of workplace innovation and creativity.
- Be able to plan, manage, lead and implement change effectively, including how to effectively overcome individual and organisational barriers.
The programme is designed to enable participants to gather evidence throughout the programme that will satisfy the requirements of the ILM assessment criteria for achievement of the qualification, without the need for long, written assignments.
In this short video, companies explain how they are achieving exceptional results
through our Workplace Innovation Engagement Programme in Scotland: